Mary's case study help!

hlg2408

Mary's case study help!

Postby hlg2408 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Hello,

I'm stuck on section 6 of this module.
Do I need to write about how knowing a patients history can help chose the correct treatment plan; knowing what hasn't worked in the past, knowing the patients history (eg life story)?
I have recommended that Mary received CBT, as antidepressants or hormone therapy haven't worked for her in the past.
Do I just need to write a short sentence about the chosen treatment?
I do feel like I'm repeating myself, after I had written about CBT in section 4. "Outline of onset and progression of the condition" where we were asked to accept one theory and how they would be beneficial. I accepted Beck's negative schema, and noted CBT as the treatment to resolve.

This is my very last module - they have definitely saved the worse until last! I have struggled from start to finish, I will be incredibly happy once I submit it.

Any information would be gratefully received, especially now the DLC is closed for the Easter break.

Many thanks
Harriet.

mundy1263

Re: Mary's case study help!

Postby mundy1263 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:12 pm

I'm in the same boat. I've recommended CBT because of Mary's history. Did you recommend any other treatments or just CBT in this section as I have recommended family therapy and couple therapy in section 5?? I'm not sure how in depth I should go as the bulk of my word count is in sections 4 and 5.Have you done any pros and cons of community provision VS large scale institutions?? Don't really see how this is relevant in Mary's case.

hlg2408

Postby hlg2408 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:57 pm

Hello,

Yes I recommended CBT and family therapy, (I thought this would cover couples therapy too).
I have added in a few pros and cons for community provisions vs large scale institutions, but these are limited as my word count is nearing 1500 already, I just wanted to ensure I meet the criteria. I'm with you on this section, I bears no relevance to Mary's case.
I just feeling like I'm repeating myself and waffling on.
Roll on my tutor returning on Tuesday so that I can FINALLY finish this wretched module!

Suedaki

Postby Suedaki » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:58 pm

I was wondering what your word count is for heading 4?

So far I've written around 400 words and they all seem relevant.......but still have more to write. I think word count is going to be a struggle for this one! I'm not sure how much depth is needed when discussing the theories.

Return to “Psychopathology”