Psychopathology essay

Suedaki

Psychopathology essay

Postby Suedaki » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:33 am

Hi

I'm working my way through the psychopathology unit and I'm a little stuck on the essay to evaluate biological and behavioural approaches to abnormality. The question seems fine but when I read the assessment criteria it asks for psychodynamic too which doesn't fit with the title? Is this correct?

I seem to have a block with this last taq. The main thing I struggle with is putting it all together at the end of the essay.

Can anyone tell me if I need to include Freud in this as I don't see how it fits with the title?

Thanks

Jason O' Mahoney
Head of Social Sciences

Re: Psychopathology essay

Postby Jason O' Mahoney » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:58 am

Hi,

You just need to evaluate the Biological approach looking at strengths/weaknesses and this will involve evaluating the biological approach with reference to other approaches.

Suedaki

Postby Suedaki » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:34 pm

Hi

The title states to evaluate biological and behaviourist approaches which is why it confused me a bit!

Would it be the usual approach, give a brief description of the two etc then in each paragraph go into more detail to identify their differences. I'm unsure how to bring them together at the end as they are both difference approaches? :problem:

Jason O' Mahoney
Head of Social Sciences

Postby Jason O' Mahoney » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:41 pm

Hi,

I think you might benefit from a tutorial with your tutor to go through this in more detail. Your tutor will explain how to evaluate the approaches in more detail :wave:

Suedaki

Postby Suedaki » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi

Thanks but due to the easter holidays there isn't time for a tutorial left. I will just keep looking online for some insight!

I'm sure I will find something

Jason O' Mahoney
Head of Social Sciences

Postby Jason O' Mahoney » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:27 pm

Hi,

I am sure your tutor could fit you in for a tutorial or a detailed email between now and Friday. :thumbup:

Return to “Psychopathology”