Psychopatholgy -

happymars

Psychopatholgy -

Postby happymars » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:20 am

Hi,

I am on my last 12 credits now. Just doing BHD - It's massive! but I am chipping away at it bit by bit. I am hoping to get the BHD modules out of the way by end of March.

Then I have psychopathology to look forward to...Is it as big as BHD? Please don't tell me it's BIGGER :o
I am just trying to plan my time as theres not that long left to moderation now and I still have to do the exam too.

Kind regards,

Carol

Debbielou

Re: Psychopatholgy -

Postby Debbielou » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:49 am

Hi,

I feel your pain with bhd, it took an age to do but got there in the end. Personally I have found psychopathology so much better than bhd and am just about to send it off. The first assessment took about 3 weeks, however, this was me not doing it Everyday and takin my time. The case study is interesting and took me a week or so to get my head round it. But took me about a week onc I realised I was over complicating it and actually, although additional research is required, a lot of the foundations is in the material. You will be fine, during bhd I was going through th 'I am going to give up' stage but seriously psychology is really interesting and think some ave said they have completed from start to finish in 2 weeks. I am actually sad I ave com to the end, I'm gonna be lost without my DLC work to complete and was unsuccessful at uni this year so will be focussing on work experience fo next year.

Good luck!

Debbie

happymars

Postby happymars » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:12 pm

Hiya Debbie,
Thanks for your response. I feel a little bit more reassured now that I will finish in time.

Oh dear, Its a shame you were unsuccessful this time. Which universities did you apply to? I am sure you will get in next time.
It's great that you are positive and going to try again. Everything happens for a reason, thats what I think x

Debbielou

Postby Debbielou » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:37 pm

I applied to Manchester and Salford. Salford didn't like my personal statement so got a straight no but interviewed for Manchester but although the feedback was I had answered the questions well they noted I talk too much. I'm quite a confident person and probably a little head strong so will just take on the feedback and hold myself back next year. It's hard when I've done so much research and just wanna talk about it.

I see you have an offer...very well done.

Yeah I'm staying positive, don't get me wrong I am disappointed but follown my unsuccessful I accepted a promotion at work so got that t focus on now too. Before I know it ucas will be open for next year and the emotional roller coaster will start again.

kbrown93

Postby kbrown93 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:32 pm

I really enjoyed reading the psychopatholoy materials but the assessments are a little tricky.

How is HB1 compaired to Biological aspects of health and disease? To me, thats unit was horrible!

Katie
Access to Nursing

Katie B

Debbielou

Postby Debbielou » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:18 pm

I loved hbs1 at first seemed horrible but the new modules are much better and get easier as you go through as they all start to link together. I hated bhd found it almost impossible. I done my psych exam yesterday and passed. Just got my bio exam then I am done!!

happymars

Postby happymars » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Well done Debbie,
You're nearly there now. What an achievement!

Hi Katie,
I loved HB1 and 2. I thought they were more straightforward than BHD. That said, they were still a challenge but I feel like I have learned so much.
Biology is more straightforward in that its mostly established fact so so not much in-text referencing needed.
I would say dont underestimate the TAQs though. There was many a time when I thought that looks easy and give myself a day to do a little TAQ which then turned out to be a bit of a can of worms and ended up taking a week. You just have to keep chipping away at it.
Are you hoping to finish in time for June moderation?

Kind regards,

Carol

kbrown93

Postby kbrown93 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi, thanks, I am looking forward to it because I do like Biology, i found the essays for BHD interesting but the experiment was tough. No i'm not aiming for June moderation, I work full time and want to take my time to complete everything to the best of my ability. Im in no rush and dont want to put too much preassure on myself :)

Katie
Access to Nursing

Katie B

Return to “Psychopathology”