Feel so lost before I even start

jamie.stone

Feel so lost before I even start

Postby jamie.stone » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Good afternoon fellow students.

I guess I am looking for a bit of reassurance that I'm not the only person who has felt like this. The past few months I have been full of confidence, gaining distinctions in the bio subjects and then achieving 14/15 in my exam.

I started Social interaction for my final 6 credits, very excited as I was on the home straight so to speak. however, this subject has gone completely over my head. I read the first couple of units and then attempted the short essay on Implicit theory. Nothing, not even a hint of an idea of what to do :oops:

I found bio more agreeable at it's very black and white, this however seems very difficult to read and is theory after theory case study after case study.

I'm not sure I will ever be able to grasp this and it has REALLY knocked my confidence. I will arrange a call with my tutor for this Thursday but that seems so far away.

I'm sorry i have not asked for any actual help, like I said, just interested to know if anybody else has felt this way and how did you over come it?

Jamie

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Feel so lost before I even start

Postby Karen Hayday » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi Jamie,

Sorry, I have been on hols for a week and just seen your post. I do hope that you feel better having spoken to your tutor. It is funny some students find biology difficult and others it is the psychology, but we are there to help you so please just ask and don't be too disheartened.

Karen
DLC Executive Director

jamie.stone

Postby jamie.stone » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:26 pm

Much appreciated Karen

Had a good chat with Jason and managed to finish the short essay today so going in the right direction :dance:

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:44 pm

Great stuff

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Return to “Self and Social Skills”