Social Interaction TAQ1

lilyrose

Social Interaction TAQ1

Postby lilyrose » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi,

I am writing up the short essay on how implicit personality theory relates to social perception and in turn to social stereo typing.

I have explained the implicit personality theory and the study by Asch, defined stereotyping and written up the study by Katz and Braly. I am near the word limit and have a number of psychology text books but I am really troubled as to how to link all this together? There dosen't seem to be anything written online or in the books that can help me evaluate/link this.

Has anyone else completed this or can anyone advise - I am sure this shouldn't be as difficult as i am finding it!! :(

Thank you xxx
Lily Rose ~ Mummy To Four
Aiming For Worcester Uni Midwifery Intake 2013

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Social Interaction TAQ1

Postby Karen Hayday » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:11 pm

Implicit personality theory says that we initially see people in the same terms are we have encountered before so if you have encountered lots of plump jolly people, thin intelligent people people etc, then we start to expect the physical to equate with the attribute This then moves on to social perception where we start to fit implicit personality theory into our social perception, so you meet a thin person and therefore you expect them to be clever, and treat them as such, this can move into sterio typing where because the person is thin they must be clever etc.

Hope that this helps

Karen
DLC Executive Director

lilyrose

Postby lilyrose » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:57 pm

Thank you for the reply Karen.

I have since moved on from this, amazingly the essay all seemed to fit together at the end and make sense to what you have just said.

Thanks x
Lily Rose ~ Mummy To Four
Aiming For Worcester Uni Midwifery Intake 2013

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:31 pm

Great stuff

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Return to “Self and Social Skills”