Personal Writing on Advanced Personal Development

karen78

Personal Writing on Advanced Personal Development

Postby karen78 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:25 pm

Hi All,

I've recently printed the assessment pages for this 2nd part of self and social skills module. My Unit 2 no longer contained TAQ1, as it had done according to previous assessments. TAQ1 was a separate essay relating to criteria 1.1 "Describe and evaluate studies relating to interpesonal perception including implicit personality theory and the nature of social stereotyping". However, this criteria has now been included on the assessment for The personal writing on Advanced Personal Development. What is bugging me is that the word count (for all 9 elements of criteria) states that it "should be at least 1500 to 2000 words".

My questions:

1) Am I expected to incorporate the evaluation of studies relating to interpesonal perception including implicit personality theory and the nature of social stereotyping along with the rest of the criteria into one huge essay?

or

2) Can 1.1 be writen as a separate essay and the rest of he criteria be incuded in a second, more personal essay?

I'd ask my tutor but the dLC are on holiday until the 06th of August.

Thank you
Karen

stublue

Re: Personal Writing on Advanced Personal Development

Postby stublue » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:22 pm

I'm not sure on this one. When I did my essay it was one short essay and then one normal essay. Maybe it is now an extended essay (3000-4000 words)? I think you will need to bite the bullet and wait for your tutor to come back off their holiday.

charlief.

Postby charlief. » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:31 pm

I'm just about to write this up. Having spoken to my tutor a couple of weeks ago I understand it to be one essay.
The word count does seem ridiculous - getting enough on each criteria will be difficult, if not impossible!

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:43 pm

Just remember that all you have to do is meet the criteria, the grades are for evaluation etc. We are trying to make sure that students cut down on the huge amounts of work they submit as you all end up writing books which is just not fair on you all.

Hope that this helps

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Return to “Self and Social Skills”