NVC study

Rob

NVC study

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:18 am

Hi

I cant work out if the observational study should be a repeated or independent measures design. I have read up on them both but neither seems to fit observing couples touching behaviour?

Can anyone help?

lucielou77

Re: NVC study

Postby lucielou77 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Independent measures but this might help explain why: <http://www.psychexchange.co.uk/glossary/independent-measures-design-262/>

Rob

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Thanks for that.

I have done an introduction which is 2000 words and I still dont have all the criteria. My tutor says it should be in 600 words and I cant see how I can get everything in that many.

Has anyone else had this same problem?

lucielou77

Postby lucielou77 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:21 pm

Gosh - I've done just over 2000 and almost finished the whole thing.

It's completely possible (and not stressful) to do the intro in about 600 words or just over. Remember to not waffle. Reports are supposed to be straight to the point. Say it like it is and all that.

Go through and read every sentence back to yourself and see how you can cut out words to reduce the sentence. Before that though, it looks like you'll need to cut out a few big chunks to get the count down.

Are you sure you haven't included some of what is supposed to be in the discussion in the intro?

Hope this helps.

lucielou77

Postby lucielou77 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:13 pm

Sorry Rob - didn't mean to sound quite so shocked by your word count -wasn't being very tactful.
In my opinion, it's always better to have too many words and cut them down than not be able to write enough!! :)

Rob

Postby Rob » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:05 pm

No thats ok, I'm in the process of making it more "succinct" as my tutor says.

In the descriptive statistics section I am going to put the Measures or central tendency, measure of dispersion? also what kind of data it is nominal, ordinal, interval, ratio - I haven't worked out what type of data it is yet but am doing so now. Also put the raw data into a graph or chart.

Does all of the above go into the descriptive stats section of the results?

Cheers
Rob

Return to “Self and Social Skills”