Social Interaction Essay

ShropshireGold

Social Interaction Essay

Postby ShropshireGold » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:45 pm

Hello to my fellow students....I've been scratching my head at the Social Interaction Essay and would if possible to chat to some of you guys who have already completed it! I'm simply looking for some clarity as I find the way in which the questions are worded are very confussing indeed. I really want to get this one out of the way and move forward so please any advice you can provide will be gratefully received....many thanks indeed

dillydaydream

Re: Social Interaction Essay

Postby dillydaydream » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Did you get anywhere with this? I am just startming oit now and feel like you did!!

ShropshireGold

Postby ShropshireGold » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:57 pm

Hi...I've not really got anywhere with it to be honest, I'm fudging my way through it but very very slowly!!!

SaraB

Postby SaraB » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Hi

I struggled terribly with this essay and spoke to my tutor countless times so I really understand what you're going through. Firstly, ignore that funnel diagram thing in the module notes, it will lead you totally up the wrong path, very misleading!
Stick to the criterion sheet only, its very difficult to get all 9 covered and stick to the word count so you have to be very disciplined.
I got a distinction for this, and I actually cried!
Also, clarify with your tutor as to whether they want you to cover some of the criteria in TAQ 1, my tutor initially said there was no need and I could encompass everything in 1 essay but in the end she let me submit the TAQ aswell which was a godsend cos there was no way I would have fitted it all in.
Hope that helps, if you need any more detail pm me

Good luck

Sara

bebishenron

Postby bebishenron » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:04 am

I agree with you Sara, this essay is awful! and just like you I used the funnel and then noticed the criteria. My essay (including funnel and criteria) came to 6000 words, and I have heard of many people getting this sort of number, it was incredibly difficult to cut it down!!!
If it helps at all I was told not to put any info about the studies in (after I had a hissy fit); just to simply put X on Xdate found XXXXXXX and then to use another study to back up / discredit it. I was also told that I MUST write about myself, although it isn't physcially stated in the criteria because they can't mark on personal experience.
I was told after my tantrum that I was able to use the TAQ in the module as section 1.1 only. This essay was the bane of my life!!
I think it took me a month to do it, the info is very hard to find at times, and to be honest I have found the whole social interaction module as clear as mud! How people manage to get a distinction using that criteria in under 2000 words I have no idea, but I would love to read their essay to see exactly where I am lacking! :D

rosey

Postby rosey » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi guys..
.was just starting to bang my head on the wall coz i am completely lost...thot i was the only one struggling with this social interaction module.
If I may ask those of you who have done it already...what format did you use for the self essay, my understanding is that it is an essay, thus essay format eg narrative. At one point, from what is written in the criterion sheet , I was made to believe its suppose to be written as a report.

Thanks

bebishenron

Postby bebishenron » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:27 am

I wrote it in typical essay format, however I was advised to add a little about my experiences in each section, such as writing about IPT and then putting a little about times when I have infered traits etc. for example "stereotying is a subconscious process of.........which shows........this has held true for me as once I saw someone who was........and I automatically thought.....without knowing them.
Hope that helps. I know another person who did it in narrative style until the conclusion when they put all their own experiences into the conclusion.
Hope it helps. I feel for you, I had a melt down over this essay!

SaraB

Postby SaraB » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Hi

Just to add to the confusion, I didn't add anything personal at all to my essay. I was really struggling to get all the criterion covered and stick to the word count, and my tutor even pointed out that there wasnt enough of a word allowance to include anything personal and there is no requirement for it within the criterion.
Which makes the whole thing so confusing!

Check with your tutor first, because I think they are all saying different things which doesn't help but my advice would be ignore the funnel diagram, ignore the assignment sheet itself (the bit that asks you to relate it to personal experience) and focus strictly on the criterion.

I know this will send some of you into orbit with frustration and I totally sympathise, its a really misleading assignment

Hope that helps
x

ambercarlson

Postby ambercarlson » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:43 am

I was really thinking about the topic to be discussed .I do agree with SaraB and further adding that when a person doing something new it really feels hard to start.but when you do your job perfectly and we get the better result .so first we should start researching .if you believe that all essay writing sites do plagiarism then you have to believe youself and go a head.bebishenron you also have the good to explain the things it is really appreciative.http://www.custom-essays-lab.com/Essay- ... -help.html i hope it will help ShropshireGold .visit this and do let me know .

Return to “Self and Social Skills”