Practical report NVC

cowen122

Practical report NVC

Postby cowen122 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:40 am

Hello All!
I have just started looking at the practical report, and was thinking how over my head this all is, :(
Is their any one out there that is in the same boat as me?? and maybe would like to moan and exchange ideas with me,
I have to say I am struggling.

I am a bit concerned because I have already applied for uni to start in sep 2012 and This course is all that stands in my way, If I cant complete it I am not going!! :violin:
Please tell me I am not the only one that feels this way, please.

Collette xx
Collette Owen

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Practical report NVC

Postby Karen Hayday » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Lots of people feel like this when they have a block so you could join the face book people or tell us what you need to know and we will try to help.

All the best and do not dispair

Karen
DLC Executive Director

cowen122

Postby cowen122 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:01 am

Right I have had my phone call from my tutor now and she said basically the introduction to the essay in its self is an essay which yes makes sense!
She also said that all the criteria should be met in the intro again yes I got that in my head.
I just dont know where to start, I know the first line should be the attention grabber, and I thought about using the Funnel method but that does not tie in with the criteria sheet.
I havent started yet and already I wanna give up, :cry:
Collette
Collette Owen

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:06 pm

Noooo! Write your self an essay plan and then use that to sort out your intro.

K
DLC Executive Director

bebishenron

Postby bebishenron » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:17 pm

I'm in the same boat! Been at this for the last week, not even finished the intro at over 2000 words!!!! Now I'm unable to find relevant info and on the verge of quitting :violin:
Basically I went with the criteria and ignored the funnel as I've been told the whole report has to be less than 2000 words (fat chance with everything you are meant to stick in there :D )

I was fine with Biology (all distinction apart from 3 merits) but this is just well beyond me too so I know where you are coming from!!! My tutor suggested the change from bio health and disease to this when I originally signed up- biggest mistake of the year in my case! I only have this stupid report and 3 credits of psychopathology to do and I'm done I'm so annoyed and depressed about it and everytime I think I've done it, I have to find more info - I spent 8hrs today in tears trying to find studies on the net(partly because no libraries near me have any psychology books and my textbook helpfully skims over NVC) :o I find the studies in an online book made by Hall and Veccia (although nothing mentioning culture observed or the actual date of the study) to then find out I need to find that info too and all the studies that go against the studies I have used. ARGGHHHH!!!!!!!!! - I used those studies because I could actually find them LOL

Maybe we could buddy up and help eachother? - I have managed to get everything down apart from find and evaluate studies - which are not common it seems-even a Dr writing about it said they are difficult to find (especially the culture - what do you do presume its western if it can't be found?), and then the critically analyse methods of studies - which again I cannot find - did they tape it, be a participant, was it purely observational?! I have bombarded my tutor all day and really I have still got nowhere - I think I'm having a bad day :?

cowen122

Postby cowen122 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi
This module seems to be the hardest yet for me!
All I have managed to do is start writing about what paralanguage, non-verbal communication and also language are. I am hoping I have coved enough for criteria 1.1and maybe some of 1.2 I have already used 250 words so it seems impossible that I shall be able to finish with in 2000 words.
I have been slogging over this to much I think so I decided to just get stuck in I got a merit for comms so I just need a pass really.
Fingers crossed we will be ok. :!:
Collette
:think:
Collette Owen

bebishenron

Postby bebishenron » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:31 am

Have you got the book by Richard Gross - Science of mind and behaviour?
It seems really good for everything except this report :think:
Yes this is the most difficult for me too so know where you are coming from! :D
I have found a few websites that are of semi-interest but only one that actually had all the info I needed. :doh:
I should think that once the intro and points are covered it will be quite easy and basically like the comms one. I got a dist. for comms, I didn't find it half as hard as this but I think it's because I just don't "get" psychology - I'm the sort of person that likes 2+2=4 and not well john thinks its 4 whilst sarah thinks its 4.22228 because maybe the first 2 wasn't exactly 2.0 LOL.

cowen122

Postby cowen122 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:29 am

Yes I have to say I dont like this, I have spent weeks now looking over it and I cant seem to get my head around it!
I have just emailed my tutor asking her if its possible for me to change this module,
I am struggling with this entire course! Im starting to think Im not cut out for this!! :(
Collette
Collette Owen

bebishenron

Postby bebishenron » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:20 pm

You will get there! As will I (eventually) no doubt :)
Chin up its possible to do it, maybe we are looking at it the wrong way lol

cowen122

Postby cowen122 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:11 am

Right I am working through the introduction and have got a bit stuck on criteria 3.1 Critically evaluate research methods used to study N.V.C
Could some one please clarify what I actually have to do here!!
As I have been unsuccessful in finding any real studies do I just talk about the advantages disadvantages of field studies and social surveys??
Any help at this point is useful
Collette
Collette Owen

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Yes you are looking at the studies and saying what is wrong with then as you hacve said.

Karen
DLC Executive Director

twinkle

Postby twinkle » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:16 pm

So are you critically evaluating studies in general regarding NVC or actual ones that have been carried out??????

:? :? :? :? :?

Return to “Self and Social Skills”