Questions and Answers

Jan Conway

Questions and Answers

Postby Jan Conway » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:12 am

If there are any particular concepts within this unit that are giving you difficulty, please feel free to post questions about them on this thread and we will get back to you as soon as we can with an explanation. We hope that this will then help other people who might be having problems understanding any particular part of this area.
Please use this section of the forum for asking questions and receive guidance from tutors, Please note that this is not an avenue for answering the TAQ’s as these are assessments for students to answer not tutors.

saraaliciaa

Re: Questions and Answers

Postby saraaliciaa » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:02 pm

I'm currently working on the chi-squared test and I've worked out all the calculations and got my degree of freedom as 3, however after that I'm stuck.
I tried reading the worksheets on the DLC library about figuring out how to read/use the distribution table, but that part has me stumped.
Any help would be appreciated!

SaraB

Postby SaraB » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi

I worked out my calculations by hand using a text book formula and then my tutor told me there's a chi calculator in the DLC library thingy. You put in your figures and it works everything out for you.

Hope that helps hun

saraaliciaa

Postby saraaliciaa » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Thanks, I did use the DLC chi-square calculator to double check that all my calculations were right, but I still want to know how to read/use the distribution table because when I go into discussion on my report I actually want to know what I'm talking about lol! :lol:

SaraB

Postby SaraB » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:20 pm

Blimey I didn't include anything like that, just spoke about the results and what they meant in relation to the other studies I'd mentioned. I also criticised the chi test for the way you have to have values of 5 or more in each field.
Hope that's good enough, I went way over the word count as it was - I dont ever want to see that report ever again! LOL

lucielou77

Postby lucielou77 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:32 pm

Hi Jan - saw that we could double check questions we have in this topic so here I go......

For the NVC report, I used the chi squared test last night to show significance etc but then today, having read a post by Karen telling someone to reduce their stats into 2x2 table, I'm not sure I've done the right thing/used correct test?

The flow chart says to use chi-squared if you have nominal/independent data, which I thought I did, yet I can only reduce the 'body part columns' down to 5, with another 6th column for row totals.

I'm getting more and more confused; not as to how to interpret the results - just whether I'm using the right test really.

I used a sample of 15 couples and observed for 5 mins each couple and it showed that females touched more than males but was not significant at 5% sig level.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “Self and Social Skills”