Non-verbal Communication Assessment

Polly1990

Non-verbal Communication Assessment

Postby Polly1990 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:30 pm

Hello,

I started the access to nursing course in May 2013 and have now started the non-verbal communication assessment on Monday. I have sat since Monday reading the assignment over and over again along with the research materials and am just so confused!! :(

I don't know if its just me but I just don't understand what I am meant to be doing! I have so far got the title 'An Observational Study to Investigate Touching Behaviour of Male and Female Pair Interactions in Social Settings.' Is this the title? should this be at the top? or am I meant to be doing the introduction and everything else before I start the practical report? I know there is a format but it looks to me like there is two separate ones!! and I have no idea how I am going to do it in 2000 words!! I hope I am not just being really stupid but I cant see myself passing this one!!! :cry: :cry:

Any help very much appreciated!!

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Non-verbal Communication Assessment

Postby Karen Hayday » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:38 pm

What you seem to be doing to looking at everything at once and confusing yourself.

Yes the title does come first and yes we have given you the title. You then follow the instructions step by step. Finally you put the practical report together as in the 'presenting your work as a scientific practical repost- overview'

Hope that this helps

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Polly1990

Postby Polly1990 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:29 pm

Hi Karen,

Thank you for the reply.

I am just going to have to try and see what happens I think.

I did ask my tutor if the title was already there and she said I had to make my own, however you just said the title has been provided. Is 'An Observational Study to Investigate Touching Behaviour of Male and Female Pair Interactions in Social Settings.' the title? Or shall I make up my own?

Thanks

Polly

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:20 am

Use our title

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Gillybob

Postby Gillybob » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:06 pm

Hi,

I feel exactly the same I have had mine for a week now and I am confused with paragraphs 5 and 6, how did you get on with it in the end? im worried its going to take up too much time and I will miss june moderation, but I have been given a place at uni for this year and need to complete by then. my tutor hasn't answered my questions clearly and im so confused with it! :shock:

Polly1990

Postby Polly1990 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:18 pm

Hello,

I know exactly how you feel! I cried a fair few times whilst doing this assignment! And I am pretty sure my friends/family got sick of hearing me going on about it!

I got a distinction in the end, I was so happy!

In the end I just focused on one section at a time, and just did my best even though I thought it was wrong! I asked my tutor a lot of questions, and it took the whole 3 weeks to do. I think what I got most confused at how it should be set out, so I had a look at a few other research papers which helped. Also my experiment showed that I had to accept the Null hypothesis which confused the hell out of me, but my tutor said just write what I had found and if I thought there was any thing I should have done differently; which I did.

My advice would be do a section at a time, and ask lots of questions.

Hope this helps and you manage to get it done! Good Luck!! :D

Return to “Social Conflict”