Problems with Hotmail

New to the forums? Introduce yourself and find out how it all works.
Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Problems with Hotmail

Postby Karen Hayday » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi all

It seems that we have a problem with sending to hotmail email addresses.and they are just being put in people's junk mail folders.
We think that they must have changed something in the spam filters and that lots of other organisations as well as us will be being affected. It doesn't seem to be the case with other Microsoft owned email addresses such as live.co.uk and msn.co.uk but we can't be sure.

SO, WHAT TO DO????

1) So please check your Junk folder and if you find any of our emails in there to mark them as not junk / whitelist them. I can't be any more specific as how this is done depends on what program you are using to access your emails.

2) If you use mobile devices all the time you often can't see the junk folder on your mobile device so you need to look on a computer mail program instead or access your emails using the browser on your smart phone.

3) If you have a hotmail addresses and you do not hear from your tutor for while, then get them to give you a ring by ringing our support line and sending a message to your tutor that way. The phone number is on contact us on the web site.

4) As a last resort if nothing else can be done please think about getting a different email address

Sorry about this but there is little we can do about it.

Best wishes

Karen :)
DLC Executive Director

leigh_evans

Re: Problems with Hotmail

Postby leigh_evans » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:05 pm

hi karen

thanks for noticing this, i have been waiting to hear if my reference had been returned yet and i have just found it in the junk mail :clap:
i have now marked all DLC as not junk! :dance:

leigh :D

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Brilliant

Karen :)
DLC Executive Director

ellanac86

Postby ellanac86 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:44 pm

For those considering changing email address away from hotmail, the best provider I have used personally and I'm going to use more frequently has to be gmail or google mail. It's free there's no problems with the spam folder, there's a lot of storage available so there's no worrying about emails and pictures clogging up your space. You have your own drive similar to skydrive and it's accessible on nearly every device and you have youtube.
Access to Health Professions Diploma
UCAS 2014
twitter @mhnursing2014
Kik mhnursing14 (new)
My "like" page: https://www.facebook.com/mhnursing2014

nicky leeth

Postby nicky leeth » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:19 pm

If you are a Hotmail account holder and you have not heard from your tutor please email them. Hotmail is still throwing out messages . Also check your contact details are correct as if we don't hear from you we give you a ring and then cannot get through, also do not forget to add your Skype contact details . Basically we really try to get hold of you :twisted:

Karosev001

Postby Karosev001 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:47 am

I would like to thank you for the answer.

virginialuther12

Postby virginialuther12 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:13 pm

Thanks

RichardGhval

View first unread post

Postby RichardGhval » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:29 am

I didnt know about that as I generally dont use the search bit. If this is the case then yes that would work. But personally I just thought having the view first unread option is a good idea and works really well on the other forum I use.

xanopavef

Postby xanopavef » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:22 pm

Great I was facing this problem for last few months and you have solved my problem. Thanks a lot.

Return to “Welcome Room”