new(ish) student Access to Health Nursing

New to the forums? Introduce yourself and find out how it all works.
Cat.Auld

new(ish) student Access to Health Nursing

Postby Cat.Auld » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi all

I started this course in October thinking that my time management would be great and I would absolutely fit in the required study time around full time work, caring responsibilities for my Dad, two dogs and a home. To be honest I'm struggling! I initially found the SAQS TAQS answer sheets way of doing things a bit confusing, and trying to get back to being academic a challenge. Now my issue is time...Really cat see me being finished for April, especially as it will only get harder as I progress. Any strategies or advice on time management please?

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: new(ish) student Access to Health Nursing

Postby Karen Hayday » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi Cat,

Well, I think that the first thing you should do is to book a tutorial with your tutor and ask for help getting your ILP up to date with deadlines so that you will know what to do by when. Have a frank discussion with your tutor and if you need it ask them to pester you to keep to your deadlines. Also, we all know it is so easy to procrastinate so you need to give your self a period of study time everyday which everyone in the family knows about and take yourself away somewhere you are out of the firing line to do your work. It is not as though you are studying a recreational course this course will change your family and your life so explain that to the children and tell them how important the course is for everyone…. Not sure how you explain that to the dogs though. :wink:

All the best with your studies

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Return to “Welcome Room”