Struggling

Stuck with a topic? Looking for useful ideas? Help & discussion on course content, materials & assessments.
leesh

Struggling

Postby leesh » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:34 pm

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help ,

i'm studying the access course in science with Biology , Chemistry and physics and hope to begin University in September if I meet the offer conditions!
The university want 30 distinctions and 15 merits :o I am struggling a LOT since I havent had feedback still on the graded assessments and therefore don't know how to continue with the rest of my assignments - as in I really don't know where to start and how to nail those distinctions :shock:
I know that we can only get one submission and thats it ...

I've been trying my best to look through all the criteria etc but i'm just in fear if the unknown and don't know whether what I am doing is right or wrong?
Also is it even possible to achieve 30 distinctions and 15 merits? :oops: I just feel as though its never been achieved before and everyone keeps telling me its impossible to achieve - I just need some guidance to be on the right path right now :cry:
I would really appreciate ANY help or advice - do we have to use the distance learning materials to answer the questions or do we stick to online/textbook research to assist with answering questions?
i'M just so confused :(
Thankyou

Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Re: Struggling

Postby Karen Hayday » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:12 pm

Hi Leesh,
Although I can give you general advice you really need to book a tutorial with your tutor who will be able to go through in detail how s/he can help you with feedback Do get in touch and tell them that you are struggling, that is what they are there for. Also remember that they are really teachers with qualifications in their subjects so do use the wealth of knowledge they have.

In the mean time:
1. You don't only get one submission if your work has not met all the criteria then you can be asked to resubmit and you are still able to gain merits and distinctions.

2. Yes it is possible to get all those distinctions and other students have done it and gone on to university so don't despair. It is not impossible to achieve!!!

3. Yes you do need to use the materials because they have been written with the assessment criteria in mind but of course you can use an on line text book as well and anything else you can find to make things easier for you. Just make sure if you use on line stuff that the notation is correct as sometimes because it is hard to write H2 on a web page they write H2 which is wrong.

So get yourself a tutorial and talk to your tutor and don't worry they are there to help you.

Best wishes

Karen
DLC Executive Director

Return to “Biology Chemistry and Physics”