Access to paramedicine

Rach H

Re: Access to paramedicine

Postby Rach H » Sun May 24, 2015 9:58 am

So far good. Just started a clinical sciences course which is what the access course is geared up for lot of labelling of body parts ie heart and arteries in the body!

The staff do rate the Ross and Wilson book by the way for its ease of understanding. So although all uni's differ if you are umming and ahhing over books that might be a good one!!
Strangers think I'm quiet. My friends think I'm outgoing. My best friends know that I'm completely insane.

Access to Paramedicine

Rachel xx

PPoskitt
DLC Moderator

Postby PPoskitt » Sun May 24, 2015 10:54 pm

Ross and Wilson rocks :) I got an electronic version for the kindle fire - superb. Tortora is great for going into more depth!

Great to hear :thumbup: :D
Phil [ DLC Moderator ]

- Access to Paramedicine 2014 -
- FAB 5 Award Winner August 2015 -

| Paramedic | McPara | SCST Affiliate |
Admin of @PreHospECG (Twitter) & '12-Lead ECG: I've Got the Rhythm' (Facebook)

Rach H

Postby Rach H » Tue May 26, 2015 5:53 pm

Another great book is Human Anatomy and Physiology by Marieb. Our Clinical Science lecturer bases all her lessons on it and to be honest its extremely easy to read!

Also have a look into whether the uni has a book subsidy scheme - Greenwich does for our course and on arrival I got a pre loaded 'gift card' with £200 for books and other stuff the stock like a stethoscope I got wind of this just before I was going to get some recommended books. its through a company called John smith and its an Aspire card!!!

Good luck for all your studies!
Strangers think I'm quiet. My friends think I'm outgoing. My best friends know that I'm completely insane.

Access to Paramedicine

Rachel xx

Return to “Induction”