CNS, ANS, Endocrine system

CNS, ANS, Endocrine system

Postby LMarie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:01 am

Hi Everyone,

I am doing the Biological Health and disease module and am reeeeally hoping to get a distinction- and was wondering if im heading in the right direction with the essay entitled Functions of CNS, ANS and endocrine systems. I have started of explaining each system in 3 separate paragraphs. I have then gone on to talk about the hypothalamus and pituitary glands and how they work together to secrete hormones throughout the body. I have used an example of breastfeeding and how the sensory nerves detect a baby suckling and how the pns sends the message to the hypothalamus (part of the cns) which sends a message to the pituitary gland to secret oxytocin releasing milk etc etc. Am i heading in the right direction with this? im hoping i am!!!

Any help would be great. As i aid realllly hoping to get a distinction on this paper. Also it says as a general rule papers should be 1500-2000 but i emailed my tutor and she said below this for this paper. i have done 800 words is this really enough? i feel i have explained everything that the marking criteria has asked for and more and to write more i would need to go into greater detail which would exceed the limit of 2000 words.

Thank yooou
Leanne
LMarie

Re: CNS, ANS, Endocrine system

Postby Robin Greenwood » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:29 am

Hiya

From what you say that sounds like a good approach for this question though detail is always good so I'd say that it's a good idea to use it if you're aiming for a distinction. It sounds like you've go a good chunk of it covered but I would definitely explain a little more and go into a little more detail if you think there's a shortfall. However it does sound like you're on the right path

Robin
Robin Greenwood
Head of natural sciences

Postby jennifercobden » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:49 pm

hi is this 800 words for each question? im confused! so Teach TAQ is a seperate essay?
jennifercobden

Postby kbrown93 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:58 pm

my tutor told me 800 words for each taq in this module is fine. im finding it tough!!
kbrown93

Return to Aspects of health and disease