stress essay

stress essay

Postby csgillam1 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:16 pm

Hi :)

some guidelines here would be very much appreciated! I want to include EVERYTHING! but then I probably would be skimping on depth.

origionally I was going to talk about susceptability, stress in the work place and stratedgies set in place, police/ptsd and action and then stress in generally and coping stratedgies/treatment. But now I have dug out some blurb on women and stress which is quite interesting but am not sure if I will end up with too much content and not enough depth???

thnx Chris
csgillam1

Re: stress essay

Postby Karen Hayday » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:00 pm

Stick to what you came up with first as it is more relevant

All the best

Karen
DLC Executive Director
Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby csgillam1 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:05 am

Thanks Karen :)

The title is really throwing me....I know of the term 'monkey on your back' and I know that 'western society' is referring to developed countries but what the title is actually asking for is throwing me! (surprise, surprise......everyone else seems to ask intellectual questions....I get stuck with the basic stuff.....must be a dodgy neurotransmission somewhere :lol: )

:D
csgillam1

Postby Karen Hayday » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Neurotransmission..... well to use that word you can't be that dodgy!!

:wink:
DLC Executive Director
Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby csgillam1 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Karen Hayday wrote:Neurotransmission..... well to use that word you can't be that dodgy!!

:wink:

laughing :lol:
csgillam1

Postby csgillam1 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:17 pm

BUT, the whole stress monkey/western society doesn't naturally come up in my essay, am I right in thinking that these terms need to be related back to the title, it's easy enough to slip in western society but wouldnt I have to explain the analagy stress monkey???
csgillam1

Postby Karen Hayday » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:26 pm

Ok basically stress is costing millions of pounds to the national economy multiply this by the the number of countires in Western sociey it is billions, through sick days, this is the monkey on the back, so what are the causes of sress and what can be done about it. Also some stress is good, estress, s so you do not want to get rid of it all together but you want to support estress but not negative stress. To answer the question also look at the assessment criteria, as this tells you what in the body of the essay you need to cover, under that title, make sure that you cover all of this. There is also info on what you need to do for a pass merit and distinction essay use this as well.

Does this make more sense?

Karen
DLC Executive Director
Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby csgillam1 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Karen Hayday wrote:Ok basically stress is costing millions of pounds to the national economy multiply this by the the number of countires in Western sociey it is billions, through sick days, this is the monkey on the back, so what are the causes of sress and what can be done about it. Also some stress is good, estress, s so you do not want to get rid of it all together but you want to support estress but not negative stress. To answer the question also look at the assessment criteria, as this tells you what in the body of the essay you need to cover, under that title, make sure that you cover all of this. There is also info on what you need to do for a pass merit and distinction essay use this as well.

Does this make more sense?

Karen

Yeah, you have put the title into something more tangable (for my wayward understanding anyway!) The criteria seem straight forward enough causes of stress/treatments, I just wanted to make sure that I was connecting it to the title, no time for resubs.....this essay needs to be in pronto!!

Thank Karen :D
csgillam1

Postby Karen Hayday » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:45 pm

To get you ready for university we have to make you think around things or when you get there you would be floored. I know it is hard now, but I promise you will thank us for it later when you meet other Access Students who have not come through us and have no idea what is going on, you will be the ones who get the 2.i's and firsts not them!

All the best

Karen
DLC Executive Director
Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby Karen Hayday » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:50 pm

So always try to think lateraly , wayward brains are great

K
DLC Executive Director
Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Postby csgillam1 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:56 pm

Ur making me smile tonight Karen, (can't stress anymore........to be or not to be.....this time next week it will all be over......or plan B!!!!) God knows if I will make it at degree level, but I haven't battled through this darn course not to give it ago ;)
csgillam1

Postby Karen Hayday » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:09 pm

90% of our students get places at university , try and find out the real numbers at most other places and you will not get real numbers, this is because the DLC course is hard and the unis know it and take our students on, so yes it is a battle, but one which will get you a place and when you get there it will just like water off a ducks back, because you can reference correctly and can write essays to the standard they expect, work independently and you will know your stuff, not a mean feat! I am so proud it be involved in all the students who come on here and what they achieve. This sounds sick but I mean it!

All the best

Karen
DLC Executive Director
Karen Hayday
Director of Studies

Return to Aspects of health and disease